Join an active equestrian community when you board at the Savage Riding Academy! Our facility is surrounded by quiet and picturesque farm views and is out of the hustle and bustle, but centrally located between several thriving Elkhart County towns and major highways. Our two- and four- legged clients are like family to us, and we would love to have you be a part of it!
About our Facility
Full care board is $300 per month, with temporary discounts offered to those in need so that we can help you keep your horse during tight times. We are located just south of the town of Bristol, Indiana, conveniently only 5 minutes from the I-80 toll road and the US 20 Bypass, and 15 minutes south of the Michigan border.
We are first and foremost a place of learning and discovery, and strive to promote a positive community atmosphere. We are an active barn, with daily group lessons for an average of 75 families per week running M-F from 2:30-5:30, and private lessons and training sessions throughout the rest of the day as needed.
We host and travel to a variety of events year round in all disciplines to connect our farm family to equestrians around the area. We are a relaxed, laid back atmosphere in many aspects, but take the care of your horse and the preservation of our community standards very seriously.
- Free choice 24/7 round or square bales year round as needed
- Unlimited access to freezeproof automatic watering posts in every field
- Outdoor shelters
- Your choice of use of a saddle rack or space for your tack box
- Heated small tack room, with office, lounge, kitchenette, and restroom
- Permission to borrow and use all Academy tack and equipment to try on your horse for fit and effectiveness
- 74' x 150' indoor hoop arena
- Two outdoor riding arenas over 200' x 200' each, the left rear with a jump course and the right rear a clear field
- A 20 minute wooded and field trail loop, and access to low-traffic roads and farm fields seasonally
- 24/7 video surveillance of the farm with night vision for security
- Electronic QR check-in system to track all visitors
- A staff of ten with varying equine specialties, one living onsite, to make sure care can always be covered
- Six large 14' x 14' box stalls with runs as needed for holding, tacking, and grooming, and one 14' x 20' foaling stall with 24/7 camera surveillance for stall rest and health monitoring
- 100' x 100' gravel parking lot
- Free trailer parking
- Discounts on all lessons, training, and events for boarders
- Beginner safe horses available for rent for $20 to boaders' friends and family
- Outdoor and indoor wash bays
We just purchased our new farm in November, and have been steadily upgrading over the past few months. We have a number of other exciting things coming our way within the next year, so stay tuned!
- We will be finishing our arena observation room to provide a temperature controlled area for family and friends to observe lessons and training
- We will be replacing all of the fencing with 4 strands of plastic coated wire, alternating hot wires
- We are working to extend and upgrade our pasture shelters
- We will be creating an outdoor trail obstacle playground and cross country course in the right rear trail loop area
- We plan to finish out the hay loft
- By this next winter will be adding heat to the main barn and improving the wash bay water heater
Board with us!
We are currently full for our boarded slots, but if you would like to be put on the waiting list, you can fill out the form below and we will get in touch as soon as we have an opening!